The Football Haiku World Cup is a project based on the writing of haiku poetry specifically geared to the football World Cup in South Africa in 2010. We want to publish beautiful poetry written by you to accompany the beautiful game.
The basic question for the project is “What has the football World Cup ever done for us?” based on the Monty Python question “What have the Romans ever done for us?”
Writers are encouraged to send in a single Togel Hongkong football-related haiku that they have written in answer to that question.
Writers from anywhere in the world are encouraged to send in work.
Writers can send in haiku in any language, though it would be helpful to us if you can provide an English translation as well (but not necessary). It is a World Cup, after all, which is as much a festival of language as a festival of football.
Please send your haiku to [email protected]
THE FOOTBALL HAIKU WORLD CUP TEAM
* Matthew Devereux, Woking, Surrey, England
* Alan Summers. Founder of With Words
* Tim Souster. A primary school teacher in London, England; reviewed for “The Times Literary Supplement” and “The Financial Times”.
* Timmy Killeen runs the English Football Post and is based in Galway, Ireland.
* Peter Ulrik Roeder is the author of “Game Over” and is based in Lyngby, Denmark.
* Adriana Piccardo, creator and administrator of a haiku …Read More